Monday, January 28, 2013

Do you have a day set aside?

The recent increase in USPS shipping costs has had many people concerned about their operating costs but mainly it has almost everyone in the US updating each and every listing in their shops. Now if you have 12 items in your shop this isn’t such a big problem, but if you have more like 100 or even 200 items (or more) this can seem a daunting task. Etsy.com has many tools that help to make this process easier, but this issue got me thinking about updating listings in general. 

Many times throughout the average month it’s a good plan to update your descriptions, tags, titles, or pictures, even if you are only freshening things up it is still an important part of drawing in business and making the process of selling easier for you and buying easier for your customer. But what is the best way to go about doing this? Sometimes I have weeks where I find something I want to update every day for a week straight! But I can’t very well go through and update all my listings every day because then I’d end up not having time to do anything else and would probably pull all my hair out. 

I was contemplating this very issue a few days ago as I was wrapping up an update of my listings and was about to use Etsy’s shipping updating tool and suddenly realized I would need to go through and update my descriptions all over again to reflect my new shipping policies! This was a very frustrating moment for me to say the least, until an idea popped into my head. Why don’t I start to pick one day a week where I update anything I have to in my listings? I’ll make a list of everything I want to update and not worry about it until the selected day. This way everything is addressed, but I don’t spend endless hours updating and re-updating my listings and wasting lots of time I need to be spending on other tasks. 

Do you have a day set aside? Or do you have another way you deal with this time-consuming yet important task? Please share your tips and tricks in the comment section below! As the Teamwork Team we are here to help each other grow and learn as we strive to reach our shop goals and sharing is an important part of that mission! 

Thanks in advance,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment